Aftermath

Saturday, June 18, 2005

I'm back from a recent missions trip that I went on. Let me tell you, it changed my life forever. It was amazingly cool but now that I'm home I feel...lost. I feel like Haggai 1:4 -- "Is it time for you yourselves to dwell in your paneled houses while this house lies desolate?" That's how I feel right now. The conditions in West Virginia (that was where we went, obviously) were really bad for the people living there. And even sort of for us. We were in this school that if it was where I live now, it would have been torn down. Where the people lived was like a mobile home park only about ten times more decrepit than it would be here. One lady lived in a rat infested house which most of my youth group had to clean. They said that they literally had to shovel dirt off the kitchen floor. They found a dead rat in a can of jelly. The conditions there are really bad. And here I am. I live in what is a mansion compared to the nicest of the houses over there -- it's really not that big or even that clean, compared to the rest of the houses in my neighbourhood. I can eat whatever I want -- people there have to get food from a food bank (I should know; I worked there)and they really don't get much. It's just so sad...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home